Triborg hidden 4th variation - Cyber Sub-Zero:
On the character select screen, select Triborg. When it's time to select a variation, instead of choosing one of the three defaults available, hit Up, Up and press Triangle (PS4) or Y (Xbox One). If done correctly, Triborg will turn a light blue color. The Cyber Sub-Zero variation has its own set of unique special moves and combos.
*Note: This is the same trick used to play as a character without selecting a variation.
New Stage Fatalities:
Along with the inclusion of the new Pit stage, NetherRealm Studios decided to add all new stage fatalities, similar to previous games. As expected, on the Pit stage you are able to knock your opponent of the bridge to the spikes below. On the Kove stage, you can summon a kraken-like creature that grabs your opponent and drags them to the depths below. And on the Refugee Kamp stage, Special Forces agents will open fire on your opponent with automatic weapons.
These new stage fatalities do not function like the already existing stage brutalities, which are invoked with a final hit on the winning round of the match. Instead, stage fatalities require a button command entered after the announcer says finish him or her. Each character has their own unique command, which must be entered while standing right next to your opponent.
You can view the button commands in the spoiler box below. Once you successfully perform a stage fatality, the input command for the character you are using will be added to their moves list in the pause menu.
Another cool Easter egg that has been discovered is when performing the Chester Burster brutality with the new playable Alien character. Performing this brutality on certain characters results in the baby alien taking on certain characteristics of its host such as wearing a bladed hat when performed on Kung Lao or looking like the pred-alien hybrid from the Alien vs. Predator: Requiem film when performed on Predator.
Each figure features 23 points of articulation and a Mortal Kombat dragon logo base.
- Scorpion, the hell-spawned specter. Ninjas need weapons and Scorpion has them. He comes complete with his spear tipped wrist chains, as well as 2 game accurate swords. He also has an additional pair of fighting hands.
- Sub-Zero, the icy assassin. Of course, Sub-Zero needs the weapons he is famous for, so he comes complete with his game accurate hammer and sword.
- Raiden, the eternal God of Thunder. Even a God of Thunder needs weapons so he comes complete with game accurate alternate hands, alternate lightning hands, and a lightning ball.
Look for them in stores this summer!
To those asking: All the new fighters in Mortal Kombat XL & Kombat Pack 2 become abailable on the same day.— Ed Boon (@noobde) January 29, 2016
- Full Game ($59.99) - Includes Mortal Kombat X, Kombat Pack 1 & 2, all previously released DLC, and the new Apocalypse Skin Pack
- XL Pack ($24.99) - Includes Kombat Pack 1 & 2, all previously released DLC, and the new Apocalypse Skin Pack
- Kombat Pack 2 ($19.99) - Includes new characters Triborg, Leatherface, Xenomorph, and Bo' Ri Cho, Kold War Scorpion, Brazil Skin Pack, Kold War Skin Pack, and new Apocalypse Skin Pack
Mortal Kombat XL will be available digitally and in stores on March 1st.
Pay close attention when watching the video. You will see many new upcoming skins for several characters, including ninja cosplay skins for Cassie Cage and Jacqui Briggs.
Narrated by NRS community specialist Tyler Landsdown, the game will now make use of the GGPO model used by other current fighting games, such as Killer Instinct.
Those who have at least one hour of online play can begin signing up on January 19th. The first four characters available will be Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Johnny Cage, and Jacqui Briggs.
As you can see, the words GOOD, GAME, PEACE and OUT are all in capital letters. "GOOD GAME PEACE OUT," or GGPO for short, is a middleware designed by Shoryuken.com and Evo World Championship founder Tony Cannon to reduce latency in online fighting games. Could NRS being planning a complete overhaul of MKX's much maligned current netcode?
So much more GOOD news on the horizon for the Mortal Kombat X GAME beyond Kombat Pack 2. Stay tuned, and PEACE OUT! pic.twitter.com/DYRuMFW37J— Ed Boon (@noobde) January 14, 2016